There are certain criteria that a student must meet in order to be considered for possible eligibility for the Knights Success Grant. One of the most important criteria being the exhaustion of all other forms of financial means (i.e. federal loans, grants, inability to pay out of pocket, etc.). The referral or inquiry of the Knights Success Grant does not guarantee eligibility. If awarded the Knights Success Grant, the funds will only be applied toward outstanding UCF tuition and fees, and a refund will not be produced. The Knights Success Grant cannot be applied toward housing costs, textbook purchases, personal finances, and other non-tuition fees. If other financial assistance is awarded for the term in which the grant is awarded, the Knights Success Grant will be cancelled or adjusted.
To be considered for the Knights Success Grant:
- Students must be within 18 credit hours or less of degree completion OR in their last semester of their first bachelor’s degree. Second degree-seeking students and graduate students are not eligible for this grant.
- Students must be enrolled. If it’s the intended term of graduation, an “Intent to Graduate” application must be on file.
- All options for financial aid have been exhausted (i.e., SAP cancellation, met offered subsidized and unsubsidized loan eligibility, Pell LEU, etc.).
- Students must demonstrate a solid academic performance. Ideal applicants will have a 2.75 GPA or higher. This can be met through the UCF GPA and/or the Cumulative (overall) GPA. Note: This may vary slightly based on the graduation criteria of the declared major program.
- Students should have a current FAFSA on file, and all “To Do” List items must be addressed.
- Provide a letter explaining the financial difficulties placed on you by the incurred tuition. Explain why or why not other financial resources (i.e. Parent Plus loans, scholarships, out of pocket) are or are not an option. Note: This should be submitted from the student at the time of submission of the completed application form.
For additional information and/or application request, please contact Heather Murphy at KGGI@ucf.edu . Please include student name and UCF ID. Students emailing must please do so using their Knight’s email.
Knights Success Grant FAQ
Can I apply for the Knights Success Grant if I am trying to avoid loan debt?
The Knights Success Grant would not be the best option for a student who wants to avoid Federal Loan debt. Knights Success Grant candidates must have exhausted all financial resources including Federal Loan options.
Can I use the Knights Success Grant money for off-campus expenses, housing and/or books?
The Knights Success Grant cannot be applied toward housing costs, textbook purchases, personal finances and other non-tuition fees. If other financial assistance is awarded for the term in which the grant is awarded, the Knights Success Grant would be cancelled or adjusted.
If awarded the Knights Success Grant, the funds can only be applied toward outstanding UCF tuition and a refund cannot be produced. Award amounts are equal to UCF tuition with a maximum award amount of $2,500*.
*This is subject to change dependent on available funds.
If I have a hold from a prior semester, can the Knights Graduation and Grant Initiative help so that I can enroll in my final semester?
The Knights Graduation and Grant Initiative is designed to help students enroll in their final semester. Funding is not guaranteed, but you will receive guidance on the steps you need to take to remedy the hold and enrolling in your final semester.
Is there an application deadline for the Knights Success Grant?
No, there is no application deadline as long as the semester is still underway. Funding assistance for previous semesters cannot be reviewed or prorated.
Once awarded the Knights Success Grant, are there additional requirements to receive the funding?
Yes. There is a financial literacy requirement provided through Cent$ible Knight$ and a career readiness tool where the resources are provided by Career Services. This is all available through the Knights Success Grant Canvas web course. Awardees of the Knights Success Grant will be notified of the Canvas web course requirement with the award notification email.
Where do I find the application for the Knights Success Grant?
The application is available via referral or direct inquiry only. Please contact Heather Murphy at KGGI@ucf.edu. Students who are inquiring about the application need to include in the email their Knights email address, full name, UCF ID and a brief explanation for your inquiry for this emergency assistance.