All transient and non-degree seeking students must register at 3:00pm the Friday before classes begin. Refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
If you are unable to register before the close of Registration, register for UCF 1500, the “UCF Temporary Course.” This will allow you to enroll during Late Registration yet not incur the $100 Late Registration Fee.
Incoming Transient Student
Incoming transient students are students seeking a degree at another Florida public institution and would like to take courses at UCF on a temporary basis. Transient admission is for one semester only, after which courses completed at UCF are transferred back to a student’s home institution.
Note: If you are currently a student at another institution and want to seek a degree at UCF, you are considered a Transfer Student, not a Transient Student. You will need to complete an application for admission with Undergraduate Admissions.
Florida public community college, state college, and university students: You will need to complete the Transient Student Application through FloridaShines. Your application will then be processed by our office.
If you are attending any college or university other than a Florida public institution, you will need to complete an application for admission with Undergraduate Admissions. In addition to completing the online application, you will need to submit an official transcript from the last institution you attended.
If you are a returning student from any college or university other than a Florida public institution, you should read the Readmission.
The Non-Degree Transient Student brochure will provide information on registering for classes, accessing myUCF, where to gain overrides into classes, prerequisite information and important contact information.
Outgoing UCF Transient Student
Outgoing UCF Transient Students are students seeking a degree at UCF and would like to take courses at another Florida public institution on a temporary basis. Transient admission is for one semester only, after which courses completed at the other institution are transferred back to UCF.
If you are taking courses at a public Florida institution, you will need to complete the Transient Student Application through FloridaShines.
If you would like to take courses at a non-public Florida institution or a non-Florida institution, you must fill out the Transient Student Approval form and turn it in to the appropriate advising office. The advisor who signs it will then send it directly to the Registrar’s Office. UCF Outgoing Transient Students must also complete and submit a Consortium Agreement with the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
If a Transient Student Approval Form is completed, the form will go to the appropriate UCF offices.
- Class authorizations are processed by the Advising Offices.
- General Education classes are processed by the Office of Academic Services.
- The Registrar’s Office processes Residency, Immunizations and Enrollment Eligibility.
- Office of Student Financial Aid
When you include your email address on the form, you will receive an email each time your form is processed.
A new Transient Student Approval Form must be completed if any information is not correct or if additional classes are taken that are not approved.
Requirements & Policies
- Courses taken without approval may not be accepted by UCF to meet University or major
- Students must be enrolled at UCF during the term of graduation. Students may not be transient during the term of graduation. Consult your college/school academic advising office.
- Students are required to complete 30 of the last 39 credit hours in residency at UCF.
- Courses taken at a two-year college will not reduce or satisfy the nine hour summer enrollment requirement or the 48-semester hour upper level requirement.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request, from the Transient Institution, an official copy of your transcript to be sent to Registrar’s Office after completion of the term.
Transient request on FloridaShines
- To request and submit a Transient Student Form, go to https://www.floridashines.org/.
- Under ‘Succeed in College’ click on ‘Take a Course at Another School.
- At the bottom of the page click on ‘Start or check the status of your Transient Student Admission Application now’.
- ‘Select Your School’ and enter your ‘Student ID’ and ‘PIN/Password’.
- Select the college of your major in the first drop-down; then select your major from the second drop-down.
- Complete the transient application—be sure the course information is accurate—and click ‘Send’.
Incoming Transient Students to UCF
- Student Health Services can provide the information for the required immunization records.
- Browse Course Catalog
will help with which courses are available at UCF.
- Class Schedule Search will give more detail on a particular course once you have identified what you need to take.
- Sign on to myUCF to register for classes and to view your personal account.
Note: On the UCF Federated Identity Sign on page, click on What is my NID? What is my NID Password? What is Federated Identity? for login help and other information.