State Restrictions for Providing Online Courses
Restrictive State Regulations
Beginning with the Fall 2017 term, UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations:
UCF continues to restrict online course enrollments in these three states:
You may contact your state’s higher education regulation authorities or a UCF program advisor for more details. UCF expects to restore online course delivery to all states in 2018.
Field Work Restrictions
The programs below are further restricted in additional states because of required on-ground field work such as internships or practicums.
- Health Services Administration, B.S. (internship required)
- Health Informatics and Information Management, B.S.
- Technical Education and Industry Training, B.S.
- Nursing, M.S.N., College of Nursing (practicum or internship required in each track)
- Nursing Practice D.N.P., College of Nursing (practicum required)
- Forensic Science, M.S., College of Sciences (lab site visits necessary)
- Instructional Design & Technology M.A., College of Education (all tracks require practicum)
- Health Care Informatics P.S.M., (required internship component)
- Master of Social Work M.S.W. (field work requirements)
These UCF Online programs with field work are restricted in:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico*
You may contact the various state higher education regulation authorities or UCF Experiential Learning for more details.
*Field work permitted provided it is student-initiated.