State Restrictions for Providing Online Courses
Restrictive State Regulations
Due to restrictive state regulations, UCF is not permitted to provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states:
You may contact the state’s higher education regulation authorities or a UCF program advisor for more details.
Field Work Restrictions
The programs below are further restricted in additional states because of required on-ground field work such as internships or practicums.
- Health Services Administration, B.S. (internship required)
- Health Informatics and Information Management, B.S.
- Technical Education and Industry Training, B.S.
- Nursing, M.S.N., College of Nursing (practicum or internship required in each track)
- Nursing Practice D.N.P., College of Nursing (practicum required)
- Forensic Science, M.S., College of Sciences (lab site visits necessary)
- Instructional Design & Technology M.A., College of Education (all tracks require practicum)
- Health Care Informatics P.S.M., (required internship component)
- Master of Social Work M.S.W. (field work requirements)
These UCF Online programs with field work are restricted in:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico*
You may contact the various state higher education regulation authorities or UCF Experiential Learning for more details.
*Field work permitted provided it is student-initiated.