Puerto Rico Educational Relief Efforts: Please visit http://www.sdes.ucf.edu/puerto-rico-educational-relief/ or call 1-855-903-8576 for more information.
State Restrictions for Providing Online Courses
Restrictive State Regulations
Beginning with the Fall 2017 term, UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations:
UCF continues to restrict online course enrollments in these three states:
UCF expects to join the National State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement and will restore online course delivery and internship opportunities throughout the United States in 2018. UCF is accepting admissions applications for the Spring 2018 term from all states.
Field Work Restrictions
The programs below are further restricted in additional states because of required on-ground field work such as internships or practicums.
- Health Services Administration, B.S. (internship required)
- Health Informatics and Information Management, B.S.
- Technical Education and Industry Training, B.S.
- Nursing, M.S.N., College of Nursing (practicum or internship required in each track)
- Nursing Practice D.N.P., College of Nursing (practicum required)
- Forensic Science, M.S., College of Sciences (lab site visits necessary)
- Instructional Design & Technology M.A., College of Education (all tracks require practicum)
- Health Care Informatics P.S.M., (required internship component)
- Master of Social Work M.S.W. (field work requirements)
These UCF Online programs with field work are restricted in:
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico*
You may contact the various state higher education regulation authorities or UCF Experiential Learning for more details.
*Field work permitted provided it is student-initiated.