Skip to Main Content
Registrar’s Office

Grade Forgiveness offers a student the opportunity to retake a course and earn a second grade that will be substituted for the previous grade. Students must be enrolled in the second attempt prior to applying for Grade Forgiveness and requests must be submitted no later than the Withdrawal deadline for the term/session in which the course is being repeated.

Procedure for Online Submission

  1. Log onto myUCF

  2. Go to Student Self-Service > Student Center > Apply for Grade Forgiveness.

  3. At the next page, type in the code number for the current term (semester). A list of terms can be found by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. Click on the current term.

  4. At the next page, a list of your currently enrolled class will appear. Click on the Select box for the course that you are retaking for Grade Forgiveness. A note will appear that lists the previously taken course, the term it was previously taken in, and the original grade. If this information is correct, click on the Submit button. You will then get a message back.

If the course you want to use for Grade Forgiveness is a substitution for the original course, the signature of the Dean of the college in which the course is offered is required. You must ask for a Grade Forgiveness form at our office, and the completed form must be turned into our office no later than the Withdrawal deadline of the term the course is being repeated.